Social Sciences Junior Researcher (Ref:GCS)
Education and Training:
The candidate should count with a degree on Tourism or Economics (Business Administration). Other Social Science degrees are welcome as well. The candidate should have a Masters degree or an equivalent (official) degree in the area of Social Sciences and ought to be ready to take a PhD programme.
The candidate should demonstrate some experience in research.
Work in Team:
The candidate needs to be experienced and skilled to:
- Interoperate and have good relationship with clients and partners.
- Work as a team member in order to achieve common objectives.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings.
- Show consideration and respect to others.
Scientific expertise - experience:
The candidate needs to:
- Be interested in developing a research career linked to Tourism.
- Possess Basic and Strategic research oriented skills.
- Possess Critical Thinking Skills.
- Possess Skills in order to meet objectives, dates, commitments, etc.
- Show abilities to write quality scientific papers.
- Show engagement to continuous professional development and training.
- Be willing to have training and skills in quantitative methods (having knowledge in this area would be considered a plus).
- Possess Report writing skills.
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research.
- Continually update knowledge and understanding in his/her field of specification.
The candidate must have relevant skills in:
- Dealing with routine communication using a range of media for public presentations.
- Communicate clearly complex information in writing, electronically and orally.
Liaison and networking:
The candidate ought to be able to:
- Liaise with colleagues, partners and clients.
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent English speaking, reading and writing capacities.
- Basic Spanish capacities (for those whose mother tongue is English).
- Another EU language can be an asset.
The candidate ought to be flexible to:
- Be a frequent traveller.
- Move to another country.
- Understand equal opportunity issues as they may have an impact on areas of research content.
Provide support to current research projects:
- Develop States of the Art.
- Report writting.
- Technological vigilance.
- Active participation when pilot project launching and executing.
Training to be provided:
- Learning the functioning of a Cooperative Research Centre.
- According to the candidate needs certain training would be considered.
- The possibility of studying a PhD.
CICtourGUNE (Donostia - San Sebastián. Spain)
Click here to send your resume
Only the pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
The provided data will be treated with appropriate confidentiality, with the criteria established under Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data.