Social Sciences Senior Researcher (Ref: DCS)
Education and Training:
The candidate ought to hold a PhD or an equivalent (official) degree in the area of Social Sciences.
The candidate ought to have at least 5 years’ experience in research and development projects.
The candidate ought to have:
- Interest in Tourism.
- Abilities to technically manage a Research and development project.
- Abilities to administratively manage a Research Project.
- Abilities to interoperate and have good relationship with clients and partners.
- Previous experience in general Project Management.
- Experience in international projects, e.g. EU funded projects or similar.
Project Seeking – Research and Scientific development, initiative, problem solving and decision making:
The candidate needs to be very experienced in:
- Writing scientifically and technically excellent project proposals.
- Contacting potential partners to make up a project consortium.
- Using initiative and creativity to identify new project and scientific knowledge areas and methods, potentially interesting for the Centre to extend the research portfolio.
- Translate knowledge of advances in the subject area into research activity.
- Using new research techniques and methods.
- Contributing to collaborative decision making with colleagues in areas of research.
Work in Team:
The candidate needs to be experienced and skilled to:
- Lead a research working team, as well as to be its scientific leader.
- Work as a team member in order to achieve common objectives.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings.
- Show consideration and respect to others.
Scientific expertise - experience:
The candidate needs to have:
- Basic and Strategic research oriented profile and experience.
- Executive skills in order to meet objectives, dates, commitments, etc.
- Solid quantitative methods.
- Skills for data analysis by the use of statistical software.
- Wide experience and skilled to write high quality scientific papers.
- Engagement to continuous professional development and training.
- Experience in student assessment and supervision of final year projects and / or PhD thesis dissertations.
- Strategic vision of technology in general and in particular, of technology applied to tourism.
- Research objectives and proposals for own or joint research.
- Updated knowledge and understanding in his/her field of specification.
The candidate must have excellent skills in:
- Dealing with routine communication using a range of media for public presentations.
- Communicating clearly complex information in writing, electronically and orally.
Liaison and networking:
The candidate ought to be able to:
- Liaise with colleagues, partners and clients.
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration.
- Join external networks to share information and identify potential sources of funds, collaborative research and scientifically relevant agents.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent English speaking, reading and writing capacities.
- Basic Spanish capacities (for those whose mother tongue is English).
- Another EU language can be an asset.
The candidate ought to be flexible to:
- Be a frequent traveller.
- Move to another country.
- Understand equal opportunity issues as they may have an impact on areas of research content.
- Project management.
- Research and Development of new projects.
- Proposal writting .
CICtourGUNE (Donostia - San Sebastián. Spain)
Click here to send your resume
Only the pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
The provided data will be treated with appropriate confidentiality, with the criteria established under Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data.