Junior Researcher in ICT (Ref:LII)
Education and Training:
The successful candidate must hold a Master´s Degree or equivalent (official) degree in the area of Telecommunications or Computer Science and be ready to undertake a PhD programme.
No previous experience is required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Interact and have a positive relationship with clients and workmates.
- Work as a team member to achieve common goals.
- Attend relevant meetings and provide input.
- Show consideration and respect toward others.
Scientific skills - experience:
The successful candidate must:
- Have basic and strategic research skills.
- Be able to meet objectives, deadlines, commitments, etc.
- Be able to write quality scientific articles.
- Be committed to continuous professional development and training.
- Have a strategic vision of technology in general and of technology applied to tourism in particular.
- Meet research and development objectives and develop proposals for his/her own or joint research projects.
- Continuously enhance knowledge regarding new developments in his/her field of specialization.
Technical & Technological Skills and Knowledge:
The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge of:
- Web engineering (J2EE)
- Semantic Web, Ontological Engineering
- Data analysis
The candidate must have relevant skills in:
- The communication routine, using a series of resources for public presentations.
- Clearly communicating complex information in writing, electronically and verbally.
Liaison and networking:
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Liaise with colleagues, partners and clients.
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Solid knowledge of Spanish (for candidates whose mother tongue is other than Spanish).
- A working knowledge of another EU language would be an asset.
The candidate will be flexible with regard to:
- Frequent travel.
- Travelling to another country.
- Understanding equal opportunity issues as they may have an impact on areas of research content.
CICtourGUNE (Donostia - San Sebastián. Spain)
Click here to send your resume
Only the pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
The provided data will be treated with appropriate confidentiality, with the criteria established under Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data.