Senior Researcher in ICT (Ref:DII)
Education and Training:
The successful candidate must hold a PhD or equivalent (official) degree in the area of Telecommunications or Computer Science.
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in research and development projects.
The successful candidate must have:
- The necessary skills to technically manage a research and development project.
- The necessary skills to administratively manage a research project.
- The necessary skills to interact and have a positive relationship with clients and workmates.
- Previous experience in general project managemen.
- Experience in international projects, e.g. EU funded projects or similar.
Project Search – research and scientific development, initiative, problem solving and decision making:
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in:
- Writing scientifically and technically excellent project proposals.
- Contacting potential partners to form a project consortium.
- Using initiative and creativity to identify new projects, areas of scientific knowledge and methods that may be of interest to extend the the Centre´s research portfolio.
- Translate advances in the subject area into research activity.
- Using new research techniques and methods.
- Contributing to collaborative decision making with colleagues in the areas of research.
The successful candidate must have the experience and skills to::
- Lead a team of researchers, and be its scientific leader.
- Work as a team member to achieve common goals.
- Attend relevant meetings and provide input.
- Show consideration and respect toward others.
Scientific skills - experience:
The successful candidate must have:
- Basic and strategic research oriented profile and experience.
- Executive skills needed to meet objectives, deadlines, commitments, etc.
- Solid quantitative methods.
- Data analysis skills using statistical software.
- Extensive experience and ability to write high-quality scientific articles.
- A committment to continuous professional development and training.
- Experience in student assessment and supervision of final year projects and/or PhD dissertations.
- A strategic vision of technology in general and of technology applied to tourism in particular.
- Research objectives and proposals for his/her own or joint research projects.
- Knowledge regarding new developments in his/her field of specialization.
Technical & Technological Skills and Knowledge:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience in:
- J2EE programming environment
- Solid knowledge of C and C++
- HTML, XML, WML
- Knowledge of PHP
- Using databases, e.g. MySQL
The candidate must have relevant skills in:
- The communication routine, using a series of resources for public presentations.
- Clearly communicating complex information in writing, electronically and verbally.
Liaison and networking:
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Liaise with colleagues, partners and clients.
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration.
- Form part of external networks to share information and identify potential sources of funds, collaborative research and scientifically relevant stakeholders.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Solid knowledge of Spanish (for candidates whose mother tongue is other than Spanish).
- A working knowledge of another EU language would be an asset.
The candidate will be flexible with regard to:
- Frequent travel.
- Travelling to another country.
- Understanding equal opportunity issues as they may have an impact on areas of research content.
CICtourGUNE (Donostia - San Sebastián. Spain)
Click here to send your resume
Only the pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
The provided data will be treated with appropriate confidentiality, with the criteria established under Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data.